Events & Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a Creative Events & Marketing Assistant to join our team based in Galway. This person will work on a range of Corporate Events and Conferences in Ireland.
You will help on a range of events including seminars, conferences and gala dinners, corporate tours and events. This is a role that is mostly office based but a role that also involves working on-site at events so a willingness to travel in Ireland is a must.
This position will involve administration of delegate communications, event administration, event logistics & research, maintaining conference websites, assisting with event marketing material, delegate communication, social media, supplier liaison, admin support, CRM management, on-site event delivery and other ad hoc duties that may arise.
- Assist in the planning, marketing and delivery of national and international event projects
- Develop, maintain timelines and priorities on multiple projects and events
- Effectively communicate with clients, delegates, suppliers and colleagues
- Manage administrative functions as required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of projects and events. This includes:
- Setting up online delegate registration
- Creating and maintaining event websites,
- Preparation of event marketing material
- Preparing and completing delegate communication
- Managing and administration of accommodation blocks
- Collation of event packs
- The successful candidate needs to have strong IT skills and good basic knowledge of registration systems, ideally Eventsair and/or Tito or Eventbrite.
- Assist with financial aspects of projects and events including budgets and reconciliations. Assist with post event reports and tender process
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written english communication skills
- Strong computer skills – proficient in MS Office. Experience and knowledge of registration software, website content management (wordpress or squarespace), mailchimp, survey monkey and social media an advantage.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, with the ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Minimum of one to two years’ relevant industry experience is an advantage
- Excellent time management & problem-solving skills: highly organised, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Work both independently and with teams
- Full driving licence
Please apply in writing to Kerry@gowest.ie .