Go West recently managed the exciting Irish Osteoporosis Conference in Trinity College Dublin. The conference saw some 220 delegates from around Ireland attend the meeting with an impressive line up of speakers. Go West took care of all the headaches including registration, CME sign in and certificate issuing, venue management, catering management, poster board display, exhibitor management, speaker liaison and much more. Our full range of Conference services are available here.
The Irish Osteoporosis Society Charity (IOS) was founded by Professor Moira O’Brien in 1996 as a patient support organisation for those suffering with Osteoporosis and their families. The Irish Osteoporosis Society is the only organisation in the Republic of Ireland that deals specifically with Osteoporosis.
From the outset, the IOS has been dedicated to reducing the incidence of Osteoporosis, a preventable bone disease in most cases, and promoting bone health. The IOS provides information to the public and health professionals on all aspects of the disease and offers support to people with Osteoporosis and everyone at risk from the disease. The IOS want to significantly decrease the amount of senior citizens who are losing their independence from undiagnosed Osteoporosis.
Each year a conference is held to pave the way for the future of osteoporsis care and is attended by doctors, nurses, technologists, radiologists and so on.
This year the conference was held in Trinity College Dublin on Oct 31st 2015 with the following speakers:
• Mr. Mark Pollock – Collaboration Catalyst and Explorer
• Professor Emeritus Moira O’Brien, President, Irish Osteoporosis Society.
• Professor John Carey, Consultant Physician in Rheumatology and Medicine, Galway University Hospitals
• Dr. Tara Coughlan, Geriatrician, AMNCH, Tallaght, Dublin.
• Ms. Mary Langan, Clinical Nurse Specialist,Merlin Park Hospital, Galway.
• Mr. John McCabe, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Galway University Hospitals.
• Dr. Emer Ahern, Consultant Geriatrician, St. Luke’s Hospital, Kilkenny.
• Mr. Derek Bennett, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Galway Clinic & Mayo General Hospital.
• Professor Tash Masud, Consultant Gerontologist, Nottingham University Hospital, UK.
• Dr. Donncha O’Gradaigh, Consultant Rheumatologist, Department of Rheumatology, Waterford Regional Hospital.
• Dr. Malachi McKenna, Consultant Endocrinologist/Metabolic Bone Specialist, St.Vincent’s University Hospital Dublin.
• Dr. Joe Browne, Geriatric Consultant, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.
• Ms. Marie Roddy, Senior Paediatric Dietician, National Children’s Hospital Dublin.
• Ms. Anne Spencer, Educational Technologist
• Dr. Alan Moore, Consultant Geriatrician, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin.
• Mr. Aidan Woods, Chartered Physiotherapist, Pearse Street Physiotherapy Clinic, Dublin.
• Dr. Martin Coyne, General Practice, Lifford, Co Donegal.
The conference was opened by Mr. Mark Pollock, Collaboration Catalyst and Explorer. Mark Pollock presented Prof. Moira O’Brien with the first Irish Osteoporosis Society Lifetime Achievement Award.
Go West managed the conference registration, venue management, speaker liaison, poster & abstract management, catering etc. Please check back for details on the 2016 conference.
Kerry O’ Sullivan & the team from Go West Conference & Event Management managed our Annual Conference in 2013, 2014 & 2015. The level of support and attention to detail in the lead up to and during the conference was impeccable. We are greatly impressed with their flexibility when changes are required at a very late stage and at short notice. Thanks to their experience, knowledge, preparation and professionalism, the conferences both ran like clockwork. We found them at all times to be available when needed, informative, courteous and helpful in their dealings with ourselves and everyone involved in the conference from speakers to delegates. The management of the finances was also handled very efficiently and on budget. I would strongly recommend Go West to anyone who is planning to hold a conference in Ireland in the future and I look forward to working with Go West again in 2016.
– Michele O ‘Brien CEO at The Irish Osteoporosis Society Charity